Traditionally plugging and abandoning (P&A) of suspended subsea wells have been done by drilling rigs. Over the last few years subsea wells have been successfully plugged and abandoned and wellheads recovered using mono hull DP vessels.
P&A is currently governed by NORSOK D-010 on Norwegian sector and Guidelines for the Suspension and Abandonment of Wells on UK sector.
These documents specify categories of plug & abandonment, number of barriers and type of barriers which is necessary.
IOSS are in compliance with these demands and can supply:
- Full P&A project responsibility
- Government contact
- Planning of single or batch P&A, with LWI vessels or a vessel of opportunity
- Planning with old and new wells, with and without Christmas trees
- DP-3 vessels provides a lower cost solution than the use of a drilling rig
- Fast on/off locations, no anchor handling
- No need for supply vessels, due to relative shorter travel time to and from port